Sunday, April 26, 2015

Baby Shower

A diaper and a wrapped gift

Yesterday, we had our baby shower. It's so strange to be nearing the end of this pregnancy.



Me showing off my belly next to my husband
I am HUGE though

The location was an outdoor park pavilion, and the day was cold and cloudy, but we made the most of it. Our amazing friend, Beth organized the whole thing. And she made sure there was coffee, warm food, and space heaters. I owe a huge thanks to her and to all the people who came out to brave the cold with us.

I insisted on a family-style shower. It seems silly to me to only invite women. So everyone was welcome, and we had an informal potluck set-up.



I was also opposed to the usual shower games. I know... I'm a pain. We were not without activities though. Our friend Michelle worked with Beth to coordinate a baby-clothing decorating table. I think it was a big hit!

3 people at a picnic table painting baby clothes

I can't wait to dress our wee one in these bespoke puff-paint masterpieces!


One tradition I guess I couldn't get out of was opening gifts in front of everyone. I told our guests they didn't all have to drop everything and watch, but they did anyway. God bless our friends!

my husband and I opening gifts

One of the first times I ever felt like an 'adult' was when I got really excited about buying a vacuum cleaner. I guess I'm starting to dip my toes into parenthood now, because I got really excited about diapers and disposable milk bags!

My husband and I ended the day feeling very well loved and supported. I know welcoming a new life into the world is tough, but we sure aren't doing it alone!

my husband and I posing for a picture
THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment